PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - go around
Thread: go around
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2003, 16:01
south coast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
with regards to the whole go around thing...i have been flying as a passenger for 20 odd years now, and i had never been on a 'go-around' until about 5 weeks ago. we were flying on an air2000 charter from algeria back to gatwick and we were on the final approach when we heard the engines spooling up and the nose started pointing the other way...needless to say, the captain came on the pa and informed us that someone was a little slow in clearing the runway, hence the go around.

we are flying here in algeria, all be it small 1900's, but sometimes, especially this time of year there are terrible sandstorms and visibility drops to almost zero on occasions. if we do initiate a go around due to bad weather, lack of visual cues...then i think that the work load is too high while in imc to give an explanation immediately to our passengers as to why we are doing it. after we have got ourselves to a point where the plane/we are in a comfortable and less critical stage of flight, we will inform them back there what the story is....

is this how the people in airlines with proper jobs would also do it?

thanks