PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LONDON CITY - 2
Thread: LONDON CITY - 2
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2014, 17:04
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LCY is brilliant, quick and convenient. I too have done the landing on 27, clear at C, park on Stand 1 and be on the DLR two minutes later.

The question I am posing is that do we continue going forward in isolation with a sporadic and non joined up transport policy? If Fantasy Island is approved, should LCY continue? Or if (when) LHR gets a runway 3, should LCY also be closed as a trade off? Now I am very pro aviation, but the air pollution in the parts of London far from the stockbroker belt is shameful. If we are to expand a national asset at LHR, plugged into Crossrail, might there be a case for closing LCY? Because it's already been built on a fiction of "only quiet aeroplanes" like the er.... Dash 7. Now many on here know this was a lie. Like Cameron lied about LHR. It's an airport of the privileged in the heart of the poorest burgh in the whole UK belching out a fair amount of noise to get bankers to NYC on an exec A318 rather than cross town?

They're talking about some serious expansion as well, so more grief for local people from bankers and second home owners.
WHBM's story is he has a good airport next to his house, me too I might add, my main point is it's surrounded by council estates who can't afford to use it, get all the grief and none of the benefits.

Btw many of the locals are not "well heeled".....