PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Am I normal? Statistics needed!
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2014, 12:30
Heebicka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another fresh PPL holder with fear of heights here.
it is interesting I feel totally comfortable in GA 4seater. I love banking over 45, It stops being scary for me almost immediately, realizing "down is under the plane, not the green/brown thing outside window" My instructor took me to aerobatics plane on my 5th lesson when I was not even able to land the plane so I was able to try real spins as I was told classic 150/2 are a bit idiotproof (and forbiden for spins here anyway) Loved that immediately again and wanted to do this over and over..
on other hand I literally ****s my pants of on a balcony at home, and it is just 5th floor, but balcony is tilted down a bit and railing ends bellow my waist starts my brain into illogical spin "I will fall over right now"

I never had any issues in airliner including turbulences, I was not scared to use air france trans atlantic flight back in 2012 (before my first GA flight) Now I know how easy is to do a stupid decision which just leads to sequence of another stupid decisions and having a lot of thinking about it during airliner flight.

The difference is just "I didn't know all that before" I think it is the same as with cars, till you are without licence and just passenger you don't know what is driver doing wrong or can do better and you just feel comfortable or not. Once you learned how to handle machine you can thing about what is someone else doing wrong