PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2014, 05:30
gazumped

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rampstalker

You say that "unless it can be proved 150% that the crew were involved! they cannot be blamed"

What is your point of view about Silk Air in 1997, or Egypt Air in 1999. Do you think a crew member is 150% proved culpable in those accidents?

The burden of proof in a criminal conviction is "beyond reasonable doubt", and damages can be awarded in a civil case " on the balance of probability"

How do you explain MH370 changing heading and altitude several times, without human input? From my understanding there is no way MH370 carried out the manoeuvres it did without intelligent human intervention. If the supposition that the alleged cascading defects so overwhelmed the crew, it is almost unthinkable that NO radio calls were made. Think back to JAL 747 rear bulkhead rupture, the crew were nearly overwhelmed by the cascading defects and were making copious RT calls, the aircraft eventually became unflyable, despite the crews heroic efforts. QF A380 had an enormous workload of cascading defects, but were making many RT calls, the aircraft was severely crippled, but survived.

The assertion that the crew of MH370 had a series if cascading defects, but said nothing, but continued to make intelligent, apparently deliberate MCP inputs, is quite frankly inconsistent with logical preservation of life.

I'm afraid that the Malaysian authorities state the facts when they say that the disappearance of MH370 was a criminal act. The mystery is by whom. But I can state definitively it was not done by a novice aviator.

It will be interesting when the CVR and FDR are recovered as to whether or not they were de-powered ala Silk Air.

Last edited by gazumped; 11th Apr 2014 at 05:42.