PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2014, 05:02
Irish21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I read this and must respond

Quote:

Isn't there anyone to act as voice/advocate for the crew on that aircraft?
Accident investigation isn't like a courtroom drama with prosecution and defence. Investigators come up with what is often called the "most probable" cause. NTSB publishes many aircraft accident reports daily and there is no prosecution/defence as pilots are concerned. If you later want some civil lawsuits relating to such accidents - this is where you can get courtroom drama.

I dont think that the press and some of the people that have contributed to this thread have done any justice to both the crew and to the industry.

I keep saying we cannot and must not blame the crew or the aircraft without 150% proof of the events that took the aircraft to where it is.

As for some from this industry that have effectively hanged the crew for being responsible for this I find I cannot accept. This aspect and attitude of those would make me think very hard and fast about them being either crewed or SLF with them up the front.

We dont know what went on up there and as some have said on here that the crew may have tried but failed to recover from a situation. As to what we as yet still do not know.

The captain and FO are from our industry and the protection of reputations rests with us guys untill the facts can prove otherwise.

I see very little support for the crews on here from other flight crews. Or is it because they are not English/Oz/American.
I think the majority (if not all) here are in support of the Flight/cabin crew...I believe some of the post might only be expressing a point based on the Malaysian Gov't stating that Flt 370 experienced "criminal" action and that they have "cleared the passengers". If you scroll through all of the post from the beginning to now you will see many comments much like yours are support of the Crew. As for the crew not being "English/Oz/American" again I think most pro pilots here can keep religion, race and ethic origin out of their discussion as part of the reason we love to fly is for the simple fact we get to travel & experience different cultures around the world.