PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Jetstar Pilot Cadet Program
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2014, 04:17
Bing Gordon

Location: the moon (i was the 8th man there, first with a moustache)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Like I said Flyboat, no more reaction from me to the dribble, but I'd like you to address the points below.

The Qantas cadets were all employed by Qlink, many are now captains there. The Q cadets still in training were given the option to transfer over to the Jetstar upon course completion - many took that.
False. Yes there were a few that went to link, the rest went elsewhere from Metros, King Airs and Brasilias to, god forbid, Islanders. I know some of these people personally. They're never going to Qantas. How many do you know? How many went to JQ? Do you have a figure? Post it here please.

the conversion to airline employment is over 90% and in most courses over 95%
Again, just post up the source of the figures please.

OK the flying schools take one or two a year but typically they have 30 to 40 completing each year. What % from the 2010 classes are still actively pursuing a "piloting" career - I would suggest 30% would be an overly optimistic figure.
How did you get to those figures? Just a brief summary will do.

I have been told that the majority of graduates from these programs never obtain a pilot job , never actually do one paid hour as a commercial pilot
Told by whom? Figures please.

What they don't tell them is that within 12 months of graduation at least half of CPL class has given up on a career of being a pilot. They have realized that even in an average market the bottom end of GA is pretty much a slave system, and they aren't prepared to join the fray.
So in summary from the above 3 quotes: 50% get a job, the majority never obtain a job, but 30% actively pursue a career? Show me how you got these numbers and what they mean.

If you think any of this is out of context, the full post is above.

If you can achieve any of the above, please go ahead.