PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Jetstar Pilot Cadet Program
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2014, 01:08
Bing Gordon

Location: the moon (i was the 8th man there, first with a moustache)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello Flyboat, it's your old friend here. Yeah that's right it's me, Bing.

Firstly, thanks very much for giving me the right of reply via PM before getting back on here in public and getting stuck in. Not particularly concerning given your questionable capacity, however I thought you'd be better than that. As you'll find out when you get your first flying job, you can't always sit here day-in day-out monitoring the forum. Some of us are at work flying aeroplanes, which means we can't utilise the PM system like an instant messenger. But you'll understand that in time, or perhaps you won't.

I did want to meet up - no aggression, no ill will, most certainly not to collect your $100. I'd just like to get your perspective on what makes you tick. You want to be a professional pilot yet you're here denigrating those who already are with a counterargument that's sounding more diva than voice of reason.

Between yourself and PeterC, you're the only two out of the lot spruiking the cadetship, yet neither of you are cadets! Peter clearly has a massive conflict of interest so everything he says can be discounted instantly. As for you, you have this uncanny ability to be able to respond within 30 seconds to a cheap argument, yet when someone genuinely wants you to have a grown up conversation or talk about your experience you go very quiet all of a sudden.

I sincerely hope that any aspiring cadet doesn't make it this far in the thread to find all of this drivel, but on the off chance they do, I recommend talking to a real life pilot directly rather than getting information from here. I know a few cadets, and they're all good blokes. Being a cadet doesn't make you a wanka, it's your attitude that does. Importantly too, if you get knocked back, life doesn't end. There are a hundred ways to skin a cat, and despite FBN's insider predictions, you can get into a jet within 5 years. I did it, as did most of my GA mates, it's all about timing, nothing else. Timing affects cadets too, just ask the QF guys who were sent to find their own job and will never go back to QF, or the current jetstar guys.

Flyboat, I hope you find what you're looking for but please don't influence the decisions of others with your illogical rubbish. I''ll respond to any reasonable questions and arguments from you but you won't hear from me if you post a prepubescent cheap shot again.

In the meantime, I suggest you go and book yourself a TIF and see if you even like what you so desperately want.