PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK CAA (honest it's good for once)
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2014, 21:59
vortexadminman

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
UK CAA (honest it's good for once)

I had the pleasure of going to the CAA the other day. As a normal run of the mil pilot I was thinking the worst……… all day sitting there people saying have you got this bit of paper, or your number 25 come back tomorrow, or we need to check this, or reconfirmation of this. I Am soooo pleased to say I was wrong. A friend had said he was shocked by the service he had, and I was dubious.
We are all rotary pilots in this thread so generally dubious about everything, BUT and thats a big BUT I was pleasantly wrong.
I got there at about 0830 ( thinking bugger should not have had that breakfast and been here earlier ) I was met by a young lady who checked my paperwork ( about 16 pages worth so OK that headache has not gone)) less than ten min later taken in a cubicle and less than twenty min out with licence done!
Walking out thinking I had entered the twilight zone and that odd feeling that something is not right here. Thought I should post it as we all slag organisations off but never say well done you got it right!! Before anyone posts, no I don't work for the CAA and never will, and no I certainly don't agree with them on many fronts. But from one chuffed pilot who got a really great service I think some one in the CAA might read this and think those people on the front desk are worth it. Because they are.