PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hour Building (Canada)
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2001, 21:10
Canada Goose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dockjock,

I thought that credit would be given to hours previoulsy accumulated in a non-JAA state. When students are going to the USA for hour building, are they doing it through an approved JAA flight training school ??

From the JAR FCL website, it states that credit will be given to the holder of equivalent licences from non-JAA states, by reducing the number of hours required to obtain a licence/rating etc.

I don't know that the requirements are for a JAA multi rating, but as you may know, here in Canada there is no minimum hour requirement for a multi rating. If you can prove to an instructor that you are capable of safely handling the plane and can demonstrate flight test standards, then you can be recommended for a flight test. The time it takes to reach this standard varies from student to student, suffice it to say, that if JAA implement a similar approach, then guess what ?? you could in theory fly one lesson with an JAR instructor and then be immediately recommended for a flight test, and hence get a multi covnersion at minimum cost in the EU !!

Of course I may be way off base here. Perhaps JAA require a minimum number of hours dual - no doubt someone will put me right, if I am wrong.