PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LONDON CITY - 2
Thread: LONDON CITY - 2
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2014, 16:21
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Willy, yes indeed it was and it doesn't annoy me at all. It is however noticeably *much noisier* than it was when i moved here in 2007 which was much noisier than the days of those long forgotten DHC7s. It's been mission creep from day one and whereas I am pro-aviation, I am very pro holistic strategy with integrated transport, avoiding *unecessary* market segmentation. Choice isn't always great or needed, see BFS/BHD, LTN/STN, LPL /MAN. We've got more airports than we'll ever need and not making good use of them.
Anyone living North of LCY get's a fair amount of noise as reduced power departures are rare off that runway. You can rightly complain, as many (poor and non white banker type) locals were, that it would only be DHC7s, then only 146s and now it's A318s on a bankers shuttle. An ERJ190 is not quiet on a high power climb out. I have the ability to move, many of them, don't. The demographics are bankers and second home owners off to the South of France, it makes me slightly uneasy at how the locals in the poorest burgh in the country, are almost invisible. Excuse me if I am not too put out by financiers of London having to get a brand new express train to the new T5 or T2 rather than thundering out over Newham saving mere minutes of their over paid and precious time.

Still it's only Stratford, who cares?