PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flapless B737 LDG
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2014, 14:00
de facto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skyjob,
de facto:
Quote:
add the SPEED INCREMENT above VREF, you are using all flaps up the it should be about vref40+50kts
Last time I looked, Flaps Up speed was F40+70...
What aircraft do you fly??
The b737 all flaps up landing is vref +55 kts.(this time i checked,i was off 5 kts i give you that ..
Flying apple,
De Facto: why would you use the normal configuration landing distance if you have clearly a non normal.
why would you use the figures for XXXm/5kts above Vref when Boeing gives you the figures they calculated in the exact non normal configuration you are in.
And the NON-NORMAL landing distance table says those distances assume max manual braking, we use max autobrake because then the brakes will be applied sooner after touchdown and take over manually straight after.
When you have a non normal you don't have to think about brake energy, these figures are approved by the FAA and JAA so why would you use anything else?
Damn and you get hot brakes for no reason
The speed additive above vref in the normal gives you a quite accurate landing distance...this gives a good idea of your landing distance and allow to chose an AB setting CONSISTENT with the runway lengh.
The non normal gives you a distance if runway is limited and how much you can achieve not the only way to brake.
Sometimes i really wonder what you are doing in an aircraft.
Flyingchanges,
So, lets put a lot of energy into the brakes when they are least effective...
We had some 777 crews trash tires, brakes, and axles using max brakes on single engine landings. Totally unnecessary, especially on 12,000' of pavement.
Exactly...same type of people writing here.