PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Habsheim
Thread: Habsheim
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2014, 21:53
DozyWannabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BARKINGMAD
Nearly 800 postings on the latest Habsheim thread and almost 1,000 on the last AF447 thread surely scores higher than any Boeing, excepting of course the mystery of MH370?
Actually, I think you'll find a lot of both those threads were invariably the same bunch of people trying to insinuate nefariousness on the part of Airbus, and useful idiots like myself trying to rebut them. I'd say of those threads, about 20% of them were actually worthwhile info - and that's a generous estimate!

In fact, Airbus's original EFCS technology as a whole was somewhat less complex than the T7 - the force-feedback logic being almost as complex again.

The issue with Airbus discussions on here is that there are definitely a core of pilots - usually, though not always, from France and allied with SNPL - that insist Asseline was wronged by a French government cover-up, and no matter what the actual discussion is about, some of them will try to turn the conversation back to that. I'm hoping this thread will answer any remaining issues and end the ridiculous excuses in future...

[EDIT : Put it this way - the level of software implementation we're talking about here would be roughly the equivalent of knowing about the tensile properties of metal cables and hydraulic flow rates on conventionally controlled airliners of yesteryear - which pilots didn't really need to understand in order to fly the aircraft!]