PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OML
Thread: OML
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2014, 19:26
bex88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know where you are coming from. I had a class one given but under observation for two years. It all worked out in the end. Is this a definate OML or is it to be discussed at the CAA? As for FAA etc unless you have rights to work its not worth much. I was determined like you are and went and got my FAA one. It then became apparent it was going to be a massive gamble with terrible odds. I closed the book on it. I felt loads better and at peace, then came my class one medical approved from the CAA. Even with good results, loads of pushing etc it was very very hard to get my first job. When it did come it was just right place, right time and some percsistance. Will you get a job with a OML? With experience doing a fixed term contract maybe. Will you get a career with a airline? I would have thought there are less restrictive options for airlines out there. Remember there has never been a shortage of newly qualified low hour pilots. Only you can decide if the risk is worth it but with my hinde sight I would suggest putting 100k on the horses would be less of a risk. Sorry. This is however only my opinion and employers are obliged to offer equal employment opportunities