PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Mull of Kintyre
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2014, 16:48
DOUBLE BOGEY

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts
Tandem I read it, agree with all that you stated as they are facts and it is a Sad case. I respect your hard fight to remove the BOIs conclusion of Negligence and I agree that the BOIs conclusion was unfair given the circumstances you, Tucumeh and Jayteeto have described. I am sure I might have fought alongside you if circumstances were different.

But this debate is not about any of that. It's about the most probable cause and what can be learned from that. Each person has a different opinion. Based on all you have stated, you do not seem to have an opinion on the most probable cause and I respect that too and fully understand given that you fought so hard, for so long, to get justice for those two guys. It would be crass of me to expect you to express any opinion on the subject.

Maybe I have been wrong to press you on it.

In fact I will go further and say I was wrong and I apologise.

However, please do not interpret my interest in the human factors elements that may have been at work that day in that cockpit as trying to blame the crew. Every accident is the end of a long chain of minor contributory events. By definition apportioning blame is not only inappropriate it distorts the reasoning needed to assess and prevent further similar tragedies.

I hope this can put an end to the pointless tit for tat postings that serve no purpose but to cause further upset to those of you most closely connected with the event.

DB