PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Mull of Kintyre
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2014, 14:30
DOUBLE BOGEY

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts
Tecumseh, that is truly an appalling story of deceit and lies.

I do not want to dilute the nature of the deceit so please do not take this the wrong way, but....do you believe or have evidence to suggest that the accident aircraft actually suffered failure(s) or indeed that the NAV suite was so ****e that it may have directly caused the accident.

You will appreciate that despite all of that paperwork and deceit the crew still planned a marginal flight on a less than ideal route that ultimately took them close to the Mull. I recognise that without an IFR clearance for the AC their options were severly limited but still.....the route selection does not make a great deal of sense if VCF was their only legal option at the planning stage.

In addition, what major changes if any, apart from the FADEC software, were made to the HC2 variant before the RTS was legal. If the answer is none or very little then the deceit you have outlined, although shocking in nature, may not actually be that relevant to the actual accident. I have an open mind so if you think otherwise I would be interested to share your views.

DB