PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Jetstar Pilot Cadet Program
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2014, 03:36
Bing Gordon

Location: the moon (i was the 8th man there, first with a moustache)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flyboat, I am certain that you're sitting at home having a good old laugh at idiots like me who keep responding to you as you continue to take the piss. With that in mind however, for the benefit of the newbies who may actually believe you, we must press on beating our heads against this wall for the benefit of mankind.

You obviously know a little bit about the cadetships, and good on you for knowing what you've signed up for. I must admit, at the age of 38, a cadetship is a pretty intelligent way to go to fly a jet if that's what, between big your undoubtedly big watch and shiny (mint condition for a 1995 model) mx5, gets you off.

The rest of what you're saying however is exactly what you've convinced yourself to believe in order to continue on, blinkers on, through your cadetship - and that's what we all have a problem with. How can you possibly comment on GA having never been there? How can you tell others that financial gain is more important than life skill building and job satisfaction? Most importantly, how can you tell others your chosen path is better than theirs?

GA isn't a means to end. Had you spent any time there, you'll see there are careers in every part of GA. Do they suit you? Probably not. Can you tell others they don't suit them? Absolutely not.

Airlines are simply another part of the aviation industry, as is GA, as is freight, as is corporate aviation and on and on. Airlines attract certain types (not all!) usually due to extrinsic factors such as status, image and wealth. GA attracts others for more intrinsic reasons - the love of the grass roots aviation, the desire to teach, the desire to help and the desire to come home every night - exponentially different from what you believe which is simply a place for people who aren't intelligent or good enough to get into the airlines.

At the age of 38 I'd hope you'd be a bit wiser than what your posts are leading us to believe, I think deep down we all hope you're a 17 year old kid who logs onto pprune between rubbing one out and sticking photos of A380s on your facebook page. In which case, very well played sir.

Please continue to comment with the facts of cadetships, however don't again comment on things you know absolutely nothing about. People actually come here for help, and you're not helping.

For the record, I spent 5 years in GA before joining the airlines. I now fly a 737 for a big Australian airline and have done so successfully for several years. I have two degrees, one is a Master's. I am soon going back to GA for lifestyle and job satisfaction. I am 5 years younger than you. Explain that!