PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NZ: ATPL Flight Test
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2014, 01:38
NoseGear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Hi Delta, I can't find the section on the CAA website....surprise...but I remember it as one of 3 requirements, 5600kgs, Turbine or pressurized...that's how the Mojave makes it in, as it's only pressurized.

I had an elderly gentleman, he was a gentleman and I won't name names....as my examiner on my flight test and we had been single engine since the start of the VOR approach and missed approach into Palmy, went SE to the NDB at Wanganui, did a hold there and then into the NDB approach in deteriorating weather conditions and strengthening winds. At about 800 feet on final approach into Wanganui, the examiner had clearly forgotten that we were SE and he did the instructor trick of putting a piece of A4 paper between the throttles and the mixtures so I couldn't see which engine he was going to "fail"....it took me a moment to realize what was going on and I shouted out "we're already single engine!!" and grabbed every lever I could and firewalled them! That was an exciting moment..... But ever the examiner, as we climbed away, he apologized and then promptly failed an engine again and I had to circle to land SE! All in, a pretty thorough test!