PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airport Terminal Seating
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2014, 23:13
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
Snapping at everyone were you, baselb? Have not heard the term but noted for future use.

Kinda thread drift ...
Today I took the train, London Kings Cross to Durham for a two day conference. I had not been through the station since it's refurbishment. I can report that it is a 'son-of-modern-airports'.

• Seating = all the same problems. I squatted on a low level barrier set to guide trolleys. It was uncomfortable and I then spent half an hour standing. [THAT's on thread but the rest isn't ]
  • Info Displays = much better. They have the large scale vertical displays that are easily read from 50 feet+ away.
  • Info delivery = same problem. Notifications of which gate/platform was to be used, was only given about 15 minutes before departure, so Pax had to hang around in the main areas, then rush.
  • On board = good. Seat was as requested - forward facing with full table. And a power socket at each row on both sides of the carriage. Very good as I could power both PC and SatNav (Like a seat-back moving map display, so that's kinda on topic).
  • The seat next to me was booked for the same journey as myself but the person did not show. My guess is that they did not know that each advance booking also books a seat. So it was more comfortable.
  • At the snack bar, I was VERY pleased to see that the tea was the same brand as I have at home (Yorkshire) and each bag sealed in it's own sachet. The catering staff carefully opened the sachet and ... used her fingers to take the bag out of the sachet and place it in the mug. Oh dear.
  • The loos? As bad as I remember them.
  • Arrived on time.
  • Was probably ripped off by the taxi driver, will check up t'row.