PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - THY USA Roadshow
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2014, 22:49
GF4RCE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sewerpiper:
So what are the schedules like for the narrow body guys? Did I read somewhere only 4 days off a month!! Are they mostly day trips? How long are you gone from home (in turkey) a month?
Schedules depend on the season, winter you would be flying an average about 60-70hrs and during summer peak time about 80-90hrs but this is also reducing as more crews join at the moment Cpts are flying about 80ish and 70-80 for FO on the narrow body....
the flying mix of either 4 sector days or 2 sectors days occasionally you get a 1 sector after a re-position.. but not to common.. because of the vast amounts of destinations THY fly and the different proximities you can really say there is a pattern its mix some months a good some are bad... but really depends on the fleet now with Anadolu Jet being slowly offloaded to Sun express crew the 737 is getting better nearly on par with the A320.. but 737 have more layover and fly more frequently to the African continent.....

as for you the days off: you get 7 days off per month in either 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 or you can take the option of getting 4block days in a row and the rest distributed over the month... my average is about 8 days..

Bad Robot:
How many standby days are you rostered and how often would you get called from them?
depends on the season winter you get a a few more than in summer.. and how often you get called??? please excuse my ignorance but i am not sure why would that be relevant... my personal view is i get my minimum restored days off (as stated int he contract and OM-A) and pay for the duty i completed .. any after that, providing its within legal limits and within the scope of my contract or OM-A (flight and duty limits), i wouldn't be too fussed if they put 20 days stand by and call me 20 time or once... but to answer your question.. its sporadic not common but THY does have teething issues so you might be called up a few time more some months than others ....

Are there any deep night flights and if so how many can you do consecutively
mostly middle east, Africa and Russian cities usually departs between 11pm-1am local.. but these are mostly if not all 2 sectors... example middle east night flight generally leave about 11pm is anbd return around 6-7 am but now crew have started layovers in DXB and AUH..

What is the earliest report for an early? Are these 2 sector or 4 sector days on the A320
?
well as i stated before it depends on the season and the vast amounts of destinations THY fly... for example you might fly to 4 sectors domestically or 2 sector international and 2 docmestice (ie. Rome) then do 2 sector domestic leg (like Ankara)... or 2 sectors to Brussels and back... but generally the narrow body if 60% 4 sectors on the airbus bit more on the B737 but this varies with the season as well ..
the earliest start i had for a 4 sector day was 03:15z if thats what you meant by 'early'

Iver:
Don't go to Turkey if "freedom of expression" is important to you. No more unfettered access to Twitter and Youtube.
if you start mixing local politics with your professional views your are bound to have issues in no matter what county you work or live in....
and your wrong i have full access YouTube (called DNS bypass... simple as a 5 year old can do it here)
Personally, and please do not m misunderstand me, i have learnt never to get involved with either local or organisational politics.. i look at it as a business transaction.. do my job within the contracted terms get my days off and be paid on time.. once you start combining exterior influences like politics then life becomes to complex for anyone to be happy...no matter what part of the world you live in...
put it in perspective GEZI protests/riots ... how did it affect me... absolutely zilch i still did my duty had my days off and got paid.. let the locals worry about the politics and we expat aviators worry about a our own job and $$$$$ ...

BTW The courts have ordered twitter to be unblocked and YouTube itself has applied to the constitutional courts to lift the ban as well FYI

ohh yeh i forgot to add TripAdvisor and Named Istanbul as the best destination for 2014... so while your here make the most of your free time.. its what i do