PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: REX Recruitment/Cadetship and Working for REX
Old 8th Apr 2014, 14:33
VH-RME

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Curtis,
Yes, cadets have been able to log PIC time either through instructing at AAPA or after their PICUS program (only selected cadets). At the interview, I was told by REX management that REX cadets will not have an opportunity to fly the Learjets 34/35 at Pelair, however, I know a few REX cadets that have finished their contracts at REX and are now flying with Jetstar (After completing their ATPL and racking up PIC hours). In regards to salary, cadets do not get paid very well, 40-50K a year (This is due to salary deduction from the cadet taking out loan/s with REX).

Yes, you MAYBE stuck as an F/O on the SAAB 340, however, their are opportunities to get yourself into the left hand seat on the SAAB 340 through the PICUS program and log PIC hours (selected few). Overall, I think the REX cadet pilot program is great.
Seems like that doesn't make sense with everything you listed previously - plz elaborate why you think that's the case?