PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet MPL 2014 OAA/CTC
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2014, 13:49
LastPastthePost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm also waiting for the FPP results on Friday. If I don't get in, I am in two minds about applying to Oxford for this.

One of the things that they don't mention on the website is that its 100k + VAT. In theory you can avoid paying the VAT by setting up a Irish company but I'm not 100% convinced the tax man would be happy if he did an audit on you.

Last year, it was free to apply to if you had been through the FPP, this year they want another £ 150. They also specifically mention Germany and Portugal as bases this year, if you have ties to the UK this could be a problem.

On the other hand, having the training all in the UK (although I see they mention Phoenix this time around) with a focus on Multi Crew Cooperation is an added bonus. I believe with CTC in the simulator phase you are on a A320 from the beginning vs Oxford where you only get onto the A320 simulators later on.

I have not done the maths, but I would guess over your career you would earn more at Easyjet than British Airways (if the historical time to command and bonus structure holds true). Ie it should take 5-6 years at Easyjet to hit 6 figures GBP versus 15? at British Airways. Your also more likely to get a weekend / Christmas off at Easyjet earlier in your career!

If CTC are providing guarantees then it might be better to hold out for them to open.