PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Mull of Kintyre
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2014, 08:11
DOUBLE BOGEY

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts
Flying Lawyer - Sorry Sir but you do not fool me! Using carefully crafted script to illustrate a point you wish to make will not hoodwink me.

So we are now a little clearer, the AC was almost certainly low level 468 feet when the yachtsman saw it. They climbed shortly thereafter and hit the hill around 800 feet. People in the vicinity of the lighthouse reported low visibility on the Mull.

Feel free to postulate and drawn reference to minor inaccuracies BUT the AVAILABLE evidence strongly suggests inadvertent IMC leading to CFIT.

Before you try to draw me again bear in mind I personally have a substantial amount of experience, in the air, in a helicopter, in similar conditions. I know what it looks, smells and feels like. Not the rarified atmosphere of the barrack room lawyer......or other kind. I know well the pressure, thought processes and strict priority of action required to survive in such situations especially when dealing with a malfunction.

It is pricesly because of this experience that I recognise that a simple decision, made in a heartbeat, amidst a myriad of complex problems can determine the success, or otherwise of the outcome. Often luck joins in as well. For these reasons, more than anything else, trying to blame a flight crew for an accident is wrong, inappropriate, distracting and counterproductive. This has been my stance from the beginning.

I doubt I can make myself any clearer and unless there are any objections I will now bow out and leave this subject.

DB