PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2014, 06:31
TIMA9X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Make no mistake 65% of the Australian domestic market plus the infrastructure is very valuable. I fail to understand how the current Qantas strategy is going to do anything to maximise shareholder value in the long term, and their litany of failures makes me wonder if this is deliberate although I am sure it is all perfectly legal...or I was until the resignation of the company secretary and his assistant.
I agree, what's interesting, the Asian market is already crowded with LCC's Too many low cost airlines in Asia? the main thrust of AJ's business plan so far, which now by all indications has stalled.

I think the QF management has run out of options by losing track of the deliberate but legal cost shifting within the group, other words, the music has stopped, opening up a possible last chance escape plan, set up for a takeover bid, which will reward the current management with a payout on exit leaving the new incoming management team to sort out what's left, which for me is in line with what Sunfish has already said..

by MC: And don't forget the new Company Secretary was a consultant on the APA bid
Sort of fits..

partners Ewen Crouch and Andrew Finch and senior associate Tom Story from Allens Arthur Robinson are advising Qantas.
Qantas takeover ready to fly | Lawyers Weekly
my bold