PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: REX Recruitment/Cadetship and Working for REX
Old 8th Apr 2014, 04:50
one8two

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys, long time reader...first time poster.

I've been invited for an interview in Wagga Wagga for the cadetship. I have tried funding flying myself, however at $300+ an hour dual, I simply cannot afford it. As a result, I've looked towards cadetships as a way of helping with the costs.

In terms of Rex, I've read that cadets must pay $25,000 towards the course before commencing the training. Rex do offer scholarships to certain cadets to cover this; however that ammount is paid at the END of training.

I'm just wondering....I unfortunately don't have parents who can put $25k up for me to do this course; and I certainly don't have that capital lying around to do so myself. Does anyone know of a way around this, and how cadets have managed this in the past? Unfortunately has put me in a hard place, where I won't be able to afford the $25k up front; yet I can barely afford to fly out of my own pocket, as the original plan was to pay for my CPL, then fly GA to work hours up.

Cheers,