PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Have around 300 pilots left RYR lately?
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2014, 03:56
LNIDA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Journey man

I'll try and keep it very simple for you: I fly around 3 times a week with ex Ryanair pilots, occasionally i also fly with pilots who have come from a variety of other airlines, all were type rated on the 737 prior to joining my airline.

So my comments about their skill level is based on personal experience objectively, they are well trained and their SOP compliance & CRM skills are of an high order, it is significant that we now sim check First officers from all other airlines other than Ryanair, my airlines has quantified that the training risk from pilots from Ryanair is so low that it does not justify the time and cost of a sim check pre offer of employment, conversely our experience with F/o's from other airlines is the opposite.

If i misunderstand the point you are making I apologise, you seem to me? to be saying that there is no evidence that Ryanair pilots receive better training than other airlines, a simple yard stick is the minimum number of sectors a pilot is required to complete before being released for final line check and released to line if the check is passed.

Ryanair min 80 sectors
Norwegian 40
Monarch 10
Jet2 20

In Ryanair these are pilots that are in general without any previous airline experience, In Norwegian these are for pilots previously type rated on either the CL/NG (including ex Ryanair pilots) Norwegian MPL student will do at least 100 sectors, In Monarch this target (rarely met) is for all pilots previously rated or not, Jet2 in general is more threshold based i understand?

So for my simple mind please quantify the point your are making? more importantly on what facts/personal experience are you basing it on please, i do this for a living............

Last edited by LNIDA; 8th Apr 2014 at 04:07.