PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IMC for choppers coming at last
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2014, 17:09
nigelh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Crab .....i dont see your point at all !!! Effectively none of us have icing clearance regardless of what rating s we may have .
Anyway i have a horrible feeling that my reaction on hearing this " I cannot believe that CAA or EASA or whatever you are today ...have actually come up with a really sensible idea that will increase GA , making it easier for people to actually use their aircraft properly rather than not being able to do a trip just due to a narrow band of low cloud across their route . Safer also as they will pop up to MSA for a few minutes in this case and then go VFR again rather than clawing low level ( which most of us do ) knowing we have only 20 nm before it gets better ." may be premature . I think this helps people get an IR from another country which is great but i dont think the EIR is relevant to us . I was told it was but now i am not so sure , there is no mention of helicopters just aircraft ....... Sorry if i got your hopes up but you will just have to carry on illegally for the time being !!!!
I