PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Have around 300 pilots left RYR lately?
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2014, 14:46
LNIDA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Journey man I'll quantify it for you.

In part because it cost FR nothing to train it's pilots there is no commercial pressure in training terms, money talks, Ryanair are one of very few people taking 200 hour people and their parents €30k and they can and do pick and choose ( Ryanair that is!!!)

The majority are very clued up and see Ryanair for what it is warts and all, their objective is get well trained, get a 1000+ hours and get out! it's really that simple and to date that has suited Ryanair as well, their SOP discipline is very very strict and needs to be to stay safe.

I regularly fly with ex FR pilots and yes there are stories, but I can't substantiate them so I won't repeat them, are they better than the average, the answer is yes and I can say that objectively, the lemons don't make the cut at FR it's that simple/brutal know pilots in Jet2, Mon, Norwegian,BA,easyJet, Eastern who have needed a lot of extra training to scrape through line checks.

The one failing that some ex FR pilots have is they believe in their own propaganda , they think they are the dogs ,a lot of that is not surprising when you get command at 24 years old

Every airline has it's there by the grace of God cock ups and FR is no different, but given the sectors flown and the type of approaches involved I'd wager it's less, just have a look at Aviation herald website to see the daily number of cock ups.

As for GA pilots being better because they make more NPA your having a laugh, they are not doing it in a 60t airliner down to minima with approach speeds of 145knts in foul weather

I'm not singing FR as a company, I think they are crap to fly with and work for, but their safety is top notch, it's a credit to both the pilots and the training department