PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Friendliest club in Sydney/NSW
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2014, 13:25
Humbly Reserved

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red Baron

Credit where it's due,

In my previous dealings with RED BARON many years ago (Hiring aeroplane's and storage) I found it staffed by a very well to do team of people and Joel (if he's still around these days) was a real legend. Now i'm not so sure about RB...

However now I don't know if management have changed or what but the culture has seemed to have shifted to extract as much money from the person as possible. Sure this may be because of "high standards" but it doesn't hurt their bottom line when a student is forced into doing repeat lessons (above market rate) which is caused by this. I've seen a couple students come to us *school undisclosed* who have had more than double the required time to meet a milestone and will fly above and beyond (no doubt from good previous training). yet when asked why they didn't meet said milestone at RB, both responded with "I didn't meet their standards". Needless to say both persons were surprised at their progression after leaving. I recognize this opens a whole other can of worms about stds, but I'll leave it at that

When I managed an operation in VIC last year we had 3 students from RB come over and conducted an interview. Once again all persons could fly like real pro's, and yet only one got the job. Why?, because their attitude and airmanship was terribly shocking. They all came with large chips on their shoulders. I can understand that there might be some prestige with training, but I believe the individual plays the largest role in learning regardless where you learn.

Thirdly; One of the senior pilot's there *undisclosed* spreads lies about the local competition (other flying schools). In fact this person is about to be sued for defamation from two separate people for doing so...

And finally A good mate of mine sold a quarter share in his shiny new Extra to RB and he has been essentially "muscled" out of his own aeroplane.

So with the above said is my own reasons for skepticism against RB, I know alot of people have had good experiences with them, I know in the past I did.

But take it into consideration...

HR

Last edited by Humbly Reserved; 7th Apr 2014 at 13:42.