PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FTE Jerez Instructor Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2014, 09:32
SpannerInTheWerks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I insisted on them telling me the salary range and it wan't particularly good so binned the 'application'.
That, I think, is the crux of the problem.

I understand that some, if not the majority, of sponsored cadets earn more than their instructors (?)

Whilst a comparison of salaries is perhaps irrelevant, human nature is such that the flight instructor (CPL/ATPL/FI/IRI/SEP/MEP/1000 hrs minimum) would expect to earn more than a cadet (NIL/0 hours).

It is usually the case in any other industry (including the airlines, of course) - senior/training staff earning more than junior/trainee employees.

A very good Post by 'bandie' - I imagine the location is very good, with many benefits to an instructor wishing to work in Spain (and a unique opportunity in so many ways).

The problem is that unless you are young and single or older (maybe with a pension to supplement your income) it will be difficult to manage if you are married (with a husband/wife who can't find employment of their own) or for a couple with children to support.

The salary may be adequate for some, and may be comparable with other commercial flight training schools, but as a stand alone package it appears to be poor for those instructors who may have other commitments and an inability to supplement their/their partner's income by other means.