PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL resit
Thread: ATPL resit
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2001, 21:42
Billy M

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't get me started!!

I got my results this morning (all passed except Instruments, which was failed by 2%!!!), and knowing the deadline for the September exams has just passed I thought it would do no harm in asking. You don't ask, you don't get!!!!

Anyway, after a call to Gatwick and my school it wasn't looking too hopeful. I live near Gatwick so I thought I'd go and try to speak to the bloke in charge (by phone I couldn't get to speak to anyone helpful/senior enough to satisfy me).

To cut a long story short they seem deliberately awkward and illogical. I know having been there recently the exams are never full up (he tried this excuse, but had to admit after my protesting that they are not full for the next sitting). How much effort would it take to extend the deadline for applications by a few days to cater for those getting results? And the fact that the results took over 2 weeks to arrive is another subject entirely!!!

I know rules are rules and all that, but come on, this is just bureaucracy gone mad. A little bit of common sense and logic is much needed down at the Campaign Against Aviation!!!!

Anyway, sorry for my ranting, but I now have to wait at least 2 more months to start flying (admittedly it's my fault I failed one, but I blame the CAA for adding an extra month) and I'd got myself all excited about starting the CPL next week.

Hope everyone else got the results they wanted.

Cheers
Billy M

P.S. Anyone got any good Instruments feedback they wouldn't mind sharing with me?