PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAC Manning Crisis
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2014, 23:49
GOLF_BRAVO_ZULU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope you don't think that my serious Post was intending to do that. I was trying to make the point that, to a soldier, a Helo is just another weapon for the task. The driver is still a battle ready soldier (unless I've been wound up again). In the same way, a WAFU driver is foremost a sailor and the Cab's just another weapon in the ship. WAFUs are not soldiers. The Air Force, on the other hand are neither soldiers nor sailors and neither should they be. Military training is something for Basic and the odd continuation stuff in service.

The point I was trying to make is that if people wanted to grub about in the mud or rough it in the middle of bumf**nowhere, they'd join the Army. If you want to take your chance in a moderately well appointed steel coffin, one joins the Navy. If you just want to fly without all the other embuggerances, one joins the Air Force. There is nothing wrong with that and, to me, it is eminently sensible.

Unless you change the primary function of the AAC, why would most people of the Blue persuasion want to go anywhere near it? I'm a blunty and interested.