PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Access to FBOs
Thread: Access to FBOs
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2014, 22:05
Tray Surfer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Access to FBOs

Hello Ladies and Gents,

As always, I appreciate, and have always appreciated the responses I have had from the vast majority of people on here. They have always proved useful and informative.

As has been commented in a few different threads, usually about how to get a foot in the door with companies, door-stepping companies and FBOs etc. to get your CV in the door, or just to get your face known and talk to people etc.

I am approaching the time when I will start to "market" myself (for use of a better word) and intend to go to FBOs at the business airports and other locations around London as a starting point. A few days ago, I drove to BQH, just to have a look and see where facilities and the likes were, and how to access them. I noted that Rizon Jet and the rest of the Business Aviation service providers are behind a "first defence" barrier as you come off the road which goes around the perimeter, and then slightly further towards the buildings.

Is it going to be easy to get to go to these facilities without having an "appointment" or any official "business"? Or will most places turn you away at the security gates/barrier etc.?

Sorry for the slightly odd question/request, but it was just something that I suddenly thought, of driving around the South East of the UK to go to all these places, only to end up not being able to get anywhere near them.

Thanks,

TS