PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New iphone help
Thread: New iphone help
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2014, 18:27
RAC/OPS

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
New iphone help

My iphone 4 is a few years old now, and starting to have problems with things like the sound sometimes working, sometimes not, battery discharging very quickly, but yesterday when a large chunk of SMS stuff just disappeared, I thought it time to get a new one in case everything went.

My last back up was done about 3 months ago, so most of my data has been transferred to the new device. However I have quite a few photos that I have taken since, new contacts etc.

My question is: How can I get the remaining data on my old phone onto the new one? I read another thread about recovering contacts after an update, and it seems that if I plug the old phone into my pc it will then back up that data and overwrite the other. Do you think this might be a problem? If the old phone is on the point of crashing, whatever is causing that may transfer to the new phone (don't know if iphones can have viruses).

I guess my recent photos are most important, maybe just importing them onto the pc would be the best way of keeping them, but can I do this without itunes sticking its nose in and syncing/backing up the old phone?

Thanks for any suggestions!