PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 9
Thread: Ryanair - 9
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2014, 14:09
eu01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
According to The Portugal News
The Lisbon-Faro route that Irish low-cost airline Ryanair inaugurated on Tuesday is to be suspended after 24 April a spokesman from airport manager ANA told Lusa News Agency.

The airline told ANA of the decision on Thursday, just three days after starting the flights without any justification.
Nothing new in fact, a typical routine "try-and-dump" policy. Once again it seems pointless to compete with buses and trains where they are fast and/or cheap enough. What bothers me, it's a different observation.

Many new routes between main airports are not very likely to achieve any profitability this year. Far from that in fact. Like many BRU Zaventem routes, for example. Even for May almost every flight BRU - FCO still costs only 19,99 euro. I think Zaventem charges more. In contrary prices from some minor airports are sky-high, fortunately for FR.

My conclusion is that while some changes to FR policies were unavoidable, the (already visible) improvements in attitude towards their customers may turn to be much more crucial while only time will tell if switching to bigger airports helps them as much as expected.