PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATO wanted, to re-train PPL(A)
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2014, 11:32
Turb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATO wanted, to re-train PPL(A)

I am looking for an ATO which has experience in re-training lapsed PPLs. I have searched this forum but the threads which are more-or-less relevant are all a bit old.

I qualified in 1994 and held UK CAA PPL(A) (single engine) and RT (restricted) licences. I have flown 330 hrs PIC and 57 hrs dual, so just under 400 hrs in total, with my last annual stamp in 2002. I am 62 years old. I have flown 21 types but most of my time was in a Turbulent. I have flown to France, Spain, Portugal and Morocco, both in the Turb and in a Cessna 172 with folding bikes in the back. I never did much local flying, I always wanted to go somewhere. But I am strictly a fair-weather flyer.

I am looking for an ATO which will help me plan a re-training course which starts as if I was ab-initio but then takes me through each stage at a speed which is appropriate to any residual ability which I might have. I expect to spend as much time as a novice on some parts of the training but I hope to cover other parts more quickly, and I don't want to be forced to spend several hours doing something which I can demonstrate I already know how to do. I want to end up with a licence which is valid for EASA and non-EASA single-engine aircraft up to 4 seats including 3-axis microlights. I need an organisation which really understands the licensing law (some people I have spoken to clearly don't) and will supply at least one reference from a person who they have successfully re-trained and re-validated.

The ATO could be near to my home in Gloucestershire or it could be literally anywhere if I can book three or four days' intensive training at a time (weather permitting) and stay locally.

I have found one possibility but I would like to cast the net wider before making a choice. Any suggestions?

I also need to study air law again - I have a feeling it's changed a bit!