PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MD-80 loadsheet - Adjusted Weight Loading System.
Old 6th Apr 2014, 10:19
nobbyknownowt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you get anywhere??

Hello all

I'm just wondering if you ever got anywhere with this as its highly topical for me just now?... We are putting some aircraft into someone elses fleet and I am tasked with creating a loadsheet similar to their own in order to reduce differences between types, a trawl of the web returned this discussion.
Unfortunately the people that are now responsible for their weight and balance don't seem to even understand that their loadsheet is an adjusted weight/stab loadsheet so when I ask for their loadsheet formula data they just provide the standard data from the WBM which I already have.
All I get from them is moving "x" passengers moves the trim by "x" units and can we do the same!
I am guessing they got the loadsheet from Mr.Boeing as a package and they are keeping their secrets close to their chests.
So I am left with the task of trying to deconstruct what they currently use in order to understand it and adapt it for a new type. Undoubtedly the variables can be cracked in time but the deadline is approaching and without the loadsheet type I cannot even start on operational margin calculations (the inaccuracies of this system will affect the envelope).
The last time I worked with adjusted weight loadsheets was in the 80s and to be honest thought them to be extinct.
If you got anywhere with understanding the logic I would be grateful to hear anything before I make a decision on if I can offer this type of sheet or not.

thanks
Nobby