PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAR EASA LOGBOOK questions
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2014, 08:14
GWACU2208

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JAR EASA LOGBOOK questions

Hi all

Apologies in advance for this but I have a couple of questions that I know have been asked many times but I am still looking for definitive answers to them.

I have a CAA JAR-FCL SEP(land) licence that expires in June 2016. I have 80 hours flying (45 solo) all on a Cessna 152. Due to increasing costs I am now starting to fly microlights, an Ikarus C42, and at this moment I'm not sure if I will go back to the Cessna any time soon. Therefore, based on this information I ask the following.

1. Do I have to convert my existing JAR licence to the new EASA licence or will it wait until it expires?

2. Should I apply for the NPPL or keep my existing licence and take the 2 year test?

3. Do I log my microlight hours in my existing logbook or should I keep them in a separate logbook?

I have scoured this site and others and tried to read the CAP 804 document but I can't quite put my finger on the right solutions. My new instructor, who has 25+ years experience, has given me some guidance but even he isn't 100% sure!

Any help is appreciated in advance.

Neil