PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My beautiful Weber!
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2014, 22:09
tartare

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Sittingstress, how could you?
Tartare Towers has an immaculate front garden, with finest ornamental shingle beds - not a rusted car part in sight.
The chariot of choice is a late model Volvo (definitely middle class because the f%cking thing is so god-damned expensive to fix - 6 hundred knicker for a bugggered fan for godssake - more fool me - I am considering buying a Landcrusher).
We do play and watch football in this house, but this is the Southern hemisphere; where football is called, shudder, soccer and considered alternately a bit posh, and a bit girly.
Football related opinions are voiced in the front room lined with books, but basically they are usually expressed in a civilised manner, and confined to how vulgar it is to support Manchester United.
Other topics being anything aerospace related, science, militaria, firearms etc.
Both demon spawn are at private schools - which hoover another Volvo's worth of cash out of one's pocket every year, and keep asking for more.
To get back on thread, meat for said man-oven is finest aged Orstraylian, purchased from Castelcrag Sydney butcher boys.
And wine to accompany it is either the nectar of the Gods, New Zealand Cloudy Bay Chardonnay, or one of many Australian Reds that are as rich and velvety as this sunburnt land, wine which gentlemen, I would recommend you try if you haven't already, because they're a darn sight better than any of that watery French or Italian muck.
Or failing that - as mentioned earlier - a glass of the amber liquid - but nothing too nancy and boutique brewery like - when in similar minded lad-like company standing around the steak being grilled.
Now - you've got my inner snob thinking.
There's a definite dissonance in choice of fuel here.
I may just start looking at au-natural fuelled devices.
Although I will struggle to give up the delicious feeling that I may be inducing more pants wetting in any fool who believes in anthropomorphic global warming, as I put flame to CNG.
I toast you all and shall continue to monitor this fine thread for quality discussion and debate, tinged with the odd laugh out lad utterly laddish observation or insult for which I value Pprune so much.

Last edited by tartare; 5th Apr 2014 at 23:34.