PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2014, 18:38
500N

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what happens if this is the FDR/CVR and the Chinese get hold of it - who then undertakes the data/tape play back and investigation??
You may have noticed a couple of weeks ago, the Australian Government put out a press release including diplomatic channels saying all items recovered must be returned to Perth first etc etc.

It was widely reported that this was directed at the Chinese without specifically saying so.

Reading between the lines, Certainly under currents within / in the SAR effort regardless of the smiles from the air side.

But it would also be good if they left the release of information, verified or otherwise, to the lead investigating authority. I'd then feel a little more convinced that it's less about PR and more about finding the aircraft.
A number of bits of information seem to have come via the Chinese
- from what I can gather - Chinese ship - to China - Chinese news releases information - someone from the SAR Effort comments.

I think this is China playing to domestic and making sure it is seen to be active, for the same reasons I have said before, previous tardy response to emergencies.