PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - THY USA Roadshow
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2014, 17:07
Magh3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mine is longer contest

Alright g4 i was kind of hoping we would get some common sense into this discussion.

Very keen observer are you g4, you are right Iam biased. In all honesty if i would have no kids and no debts back home to pay off I would have stayed here for a long time, however 2 kids in private school and the average turkish drivers make me go nuts at times.
The reason why iam still here is because it still is better flying here as it was at home because the terms were really ****e over there so yes it is an improvement overall however, what really makes me angry and insecure is that i have no clue what thy is planning for us expats in the long run and that is really making me negative about this experience. Make no mistake THY doesn't ow me anything other then my salary however it would be nice to say that we could be here 15 years from now and know that we can move on to larger equipment etc and be valued employees instead of these damn yabancis..

Maybe iam negative because I rather would be living in Europe and maybe Iam just disappointed in aviation as a whole , and disappointed in my previous company for being so ****e,and that my seniority and hard work was for nothing and I feel that I just start completely from the ground up again, However this is not THY'S fault these are my issues and I have to deal with them..

G4 seems like an experienced aviator and he puts some things into perspective and iam sure that things might be worse at other companies in other parts of the world. And G4 Iam sure when we have a raki together, you would know that I would be very respectful to you as a human and your experience its just the regular pprune slagging before common sense kicks in haha.

Regarding licenses, i have seen the memo on foreign pilots at Thy it was dated from dec or nov 2013 iam sure somebody else knows the exact date.
The way i was told is that indeed they would send your files to turkey from your licensing country and that you would not be able to get your license back. I have not read up on this whole thing yet and i hope you are right g4 i have mouths to feed and it would really suck if i would not be able get another job because of this license thing..

Anyhow iam interested on more info from the guys that have researched this truly..