PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flydubai B737NG Type Qualification Program
Old 5th Apr 2014, 13:09
Alive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey pilot-Hans,

Yes they just let me start without too much concern about wether I was suitable to under go the training.

Even after I passed my check ride I still felt like they gave me the rating out of sympathy, I guess I will never touch their aircraft so it's easy to give a rating when that's the case.

Looking back if I am honest the aircraft was too fast & too complicated for me & I let my dreams become my master. This kind of airplane is something I should be looking at much later down the line, as for what next for me, I am looking at instructing on a part time basis.

I always read on the job ads 500 hours on type, I use to wonder why airlines wanted this figure, why not 300? Why not 3000? But honestly I can see now that after 500 hours on this machine you would become much less of a liability to the airline hiring you, any less and you are a risk of not knowing the machine well enough, that's what I made of my time at CAE.

Well here's to the future, but honestly if more people go for this with an expectation you will get hired think again, there are cheaper type ratings to be had, CAE are exploiting Fly Dubai to sell more ratings.