PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Old Sarum Airfield Development Proposal
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2014, 12:00
sunday driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old Sarum - Wiltshire Council outline plan for comment

Wiltshire Council have published their county-wide outline strategy up to 2026.

This includes their intentions regarding development and flying at Old Sarum. It appears to respect the future of the airfield.
I have clearly failed to post the image included in their document (but the link below will take you straight to it)

Core Policy 23 Old Sarum Airfield
New development will only be permitted on Old Sarum Airfield if it delivers the following:
i. a long-term proactive strategy for the enhancement of the Conservation Area including management plan and public access and visitor/interpretive material on its historic relevance
i. a high quality strategic landscape improvement to mitigate impacts of existing intrusive buildings, to soften impacts when viewed both out and into the Conservation Area and from Old Sarum Scheduled Ancient Monument
ii. the completion of a legal agreement (section 106) to agree reasonable controls over flying activity in the interests of the amenity of local residents
iii. submission, agreement and implementation of a development master plan, which delivers a high quality development that takes opportunities to enhance the historic environment and protects the amenity of existing residents
iv. retains and safeguards flying activity from the airfield
v. provides community benefit for the Old Sarum residents.

Targets: Agreement of a management plan for Old Sarum conservation area and enhancements to the area. The retention of flying activity of the airfield with a reasonable degree of control in the interests of local amenity.

Monitoring and Review: AMR.
Delivery Responsibility: Wiltshire Council.
This is a large document - http://www.wiltshire.gov.uk/wiltshir...-february-2012
Page 122 and following are relevant.

SD