PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bye Bye XP?
Thread: Bye Bye XP?
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2014, 10:22
mixture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting to read Mixture's put-down of the Mondeo versus other car brands. I'm curious to know if he's driven one this century.
Actually yes I have.

Rented one at an airport this very year.... did a 250 mile round trip. Frustrating and tiresome to drive. No doubt a car perfectly well suited for pottering around town for shopping trips.... but beyond that.

Rented a piece of German engineering at another airport.... happily drove that all the way from California to Nevada.

If I'm doing a mile munching trip, with a lot of time on motorways and country roads, I'd much rather do it in something that's the product of Germany.

(Anyway, you lot made me digress... the original post wasn't really a put down... it was a figure of speech, so to speak).

OFSO (former owner of - among others - Mercedes, Range Rover and Porsche, and now very contented owner of current model Mondeo.)
But as you keep reminding us OSFO, you're an impoverished pensioner... so you belong in a Mondeo... the car of choice for your peer group I believe.