PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - THY USA Roadshow
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2014, 09:36
GF4RCE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TypeIV:
Narrow body pay is the same regardless of aircraft type for F.O with all the extras you should avergae 12-13,000 lira + quaterly bounus of 5000+ lira (about 5500-6000$USD). this is for 70hrs block anything about 70hrs you get extrta loading of about 140lira (69$USD) per block hr. they have sunday weekend loainf at 1.5x any public holiday loading.
as i and twentyyearstoolate regarding basic salary mentioned your pay is divided into 2 parts. FO get basic sum of about 5000-6000lira ( basic wage non flight pay which depending on you senoirity scale -p5 or p4.. about 6months you go from p5 to p4 status which gives an extra 800lira or so in pay)
then you get a flight pay of about 6000+ Lira
keep in mind that at the moment the strategy of the airline is to transfer new recruits (mostly expats) from narrow body to the widebodies.. its happening as we speak 737 guys being transfere to the B777 or A330/340 and the airbus guys to the A330/340.. if thats a good or bad thing ...wellits depends on how you look at it but from my point of view its a good chance to get heavy jet time and open your career options for the future...

Magh3:
RTFQ G4
there was no TFQ in that mate it was a bold comment .... if so why doesn't chocks away post it on the web for all of us to see??
Mate, not scaremongering, i was merely responding to chocks away.
really the way i see it ....was more of a negative connotated comment than anything else.. BTW im not jumped up..

.I know you get paid during this period however if turkish as chocks away mentioned is changing the contract to NOT getting paid until line training ,then it is a long time get it
thats a very BIG 'IF' mate...i can tell you that IF and i say a very big IF they do that ,, then they will be only shooting themselves in the foot ...the number of crews they require will prevent them from doing this... ok ill say i got a contract with them giving my 100,000Euro pay for 10 hrs of flying a month ..are you going to believe me... this is what i am trying to say... lets base our constructive options on factual information not factious rumors... as you have mentioned, either you have worked or still working here by saying you know you get paid during training but that doesn't stop you from the scaremongering bandwagon does it..

the fact is at the end of the day you are provided with a contract knowing that
1. pay is in Turkish Lira - so if you sign up you accept any fluctuations of the currency, if it get too bad then you can give in your resignation (after the 12mths) and leave.
2. The pay structure - its all layed out in paper work.. and i know for a fact during the roadshows they go into detail about pay structure
3. your flight pay will only start when you start at the sims/line (how ever you may be able to get a observation sim ride for the flight pay, this was a norm from my knowledge last year..) this is a normal for many carriers, even my past employers wouldn't pay you full salary untill your active in line....
4. Rest days - getting better (this is where the wide body has an advantage)

..... you go there do the screening if you pass look at the contract and if your happy then sign if not then don't.... there no point in spreading evil after you sign up know the condition beforehand

i signed up accepting all this.... yes things ar not perfect there are times when you think sh#t but at the end of the day i would like to **** down on my days off enjoy a beer with mates in public not being threatened to be put in jail or head cut of and not surrounded by yellow sand in 50 heat yes the Turkish mentality in the airlines can be difficult at time as they have their own idiosyncratic behaviors but i tell you from experience its a lot better from some of the Asian carriers... its the way you approach your job and them in particularly is the key...

THYTHY:
can tell you that my training took a lot longer than 3 months. The training department is always over stretched so it's a matter of luck, in my case I got the short end of the stick.
\
if it true, im sorry to hear mate.. the training dept is the weakest link in the whole operations but one must give them credit because the shear intake of personnel with the limited resources they had made the job near mission impossible biut its getting better (be it slowly)... like with any other rapidly expanding organisation.. rapid change brings other issues into the equations and unfortunately yes sometimes people like yourself get the short end of the stick and that is unfortunate as i have had a few short ended issues as well..