PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US Pilot Arrested for Loaded Handgun in Carry On
Old 5th Apr 2014, 05:46
grounded27

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLFinAZ

Yeah, that was a bad link, the only .38 I had experience with would of been the +p out of a 4" 357 SW revolver at the range. I feel if you are going to carry or own a firearm you should have a good understanding of the ballistics and this was sort of my point. From a bit of research the FFDO required firearm is a H&K .40, clearly distinguishable when checked. I own a P226 .40, great gun. This has been a bit of a thread drift. I suppose it got my interest when "nonsense" called the .380 a (hand cannon).

None the less, the pilot of topic was not a FFDO, did not declare the firearm and it was not a FFDO approved firearm. Does not look good. Clearly this man is in hot water.

Anyone who owns a gun should know EXACTLY where it is, the condition it is in and the potential damage done from discharging it. Any responsible gun owner would know this. Does not matter what country you are from. Many here have not had the experience with a hand gun you or I have had (consider myself a novice).

Another thread drift, can anyone give a bit of detail into FFDO requal requirements? Freaking ammo is expensive and I would spend much more time at the range if money and time permitted.