PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Accommodation Charges
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2014, 20:09
The Old Fat One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't help you with regs melch, but I do know that your chaps problem goes back a long way and has given rise to some amusing - and also successful - resolutions in the past. Perhaps your chap my find some inspiration - who knows.

Case 1 mid eighties, a single MAEOP (as was then) posted to Pitreavie Castle (as was then) against his wishes and accommodated at RAF Turnhouse Sgts Mess (as was...you get my drift).

Day 1 Monday AM around 7am (he is required for the AOC brief at around 0830) he phones MT and asks what time the duty transport. Blank silence...before he is told no such thing and authorised to take a taxi...which gets him into work at about 10.

Much rumpus.

Day 2 Rinse and repeat.

Day 3...ditto

After much toing and froing, the following exchange...

MTO We will authorise a service mini for you.
MAEOP OK...what about the driving lessons?
MTO. You don't have a licence.
MAEOP. That is charlie
MTO ????

Cut a long story short...too difficult. He was posted after a fortnight.

Case 2

A whole bunch of singlies on bolthole from Kinloss to Machrihanish. Beanies (married chaps) all living/dining buckshee. Singlies (many of whom lived in their own homes) paying the full monty. After mucho complaining and no sign of anybody giving a sh1t, the singlies took to racing into the mess every night, piling their plates high with all the "decent" grub, then taking it outside and dumping into the trash.

They accomplished **** all, but had sh1tloads of fun winding up a ton of people, and felt much better about the whole deal.

Somewhere in that is a moral...something like, if the system f**ks you, don't be embarrassed to f**k it back.

Probably no help, but maybe something for your chap to chew on.