PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Have around 300 pilots left RYR lately?
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2014, 15:51
FreudianSlippers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm saying it isn't in fact opinion. It's refutable facts under the guise of opinion. Genuine opinion is just that, if you're wrong and there is evidence to show you are wrong, then it's ignorance I suppose.

I have no problem showing my bona fides - I'm SLF, keen interest in aviation. I'm from Dublin but work from London for a rather large technology company. I'm a lawyer in that company and I do Media litigation for them - I came here when I heard all the news about subpoenas, etc. back in 2012 and have been lurking ever since!

I don't frequently fly Ryanair; I prefer to fly with EI or CityJet.

My defence isn't meant to be robust. I'm not even sure it's meant to be a defence of the IAA. When one sees allegations of improper regulation or relationship between an airline and the regulator for example, one does bit of research. Like seriously ONE Google search and I found the ICAO document. Now, if we're going to suggest that ICAO is also in on the game, that's one conspiracy too far for me.

Choice of registration in Ireland is IMHO not due to lax oversight, but more to do with tax implications.