PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US Pilot Arrested for Loaded Handgun in Carry On
Old 4th Apr 2014, 14:51
grounded27

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Many Americans appear culturally incapable of grasping this point of view and simply cannot understand why we regard guns as such a serious threat elsewhere..........

As a pilot, it's hard to see carrying a loaded hand held cannon (this was no pea shooter!)
This post is quite a bit judgmental and also ignorant. The traveling masses generally understand greatly the cultural differences and take great measures not to act like the stereotypical American abroad.

You are ignorant about this firearm, yes this would be considered a short barrel compact pea shooter (gut gun), could be carried easily in a pants pocket. The .380 slug is typically 90 grain, A standard carry would range from a 9mm that is typically 125 grain to the 45 ACP (the smallest fire arm I would call a hand cannon) which typically has a 230 grain slug. At 20 ft I would consider it a challenge to strike body mass with the .380 bodyguard.

I believe you may be confusing the .380 with a .38 that is a larger slug with a hotter load.

I once had a co worker that confused his work back pack with his back pack that he carries about and also takes to the range, he hit security with a loaded fire arm, he was fired and appeared before a judge. Several fellows appeared to give the judge confidence in his character, he had no ill intent was just a fool and paid for it.