PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Have around 300 pilots left RYR lately?
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2014, 14:37
yeoman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Polax

It flies in the face of the official accident report for starters. It also flies in the face of my personal knowledge of the gentleman concerned.

It's not an old wound, it is an accident that lessons can be learnt from providing we draw the correct conclusions rather than seeking to introduce factors to make a point. IMVHO, your post did the latter.

Seeing as the incident has been raised, I think it helps make a different point that i would agree with you on and that is that some national authorities could also benefit from the learning experience offered by an accident rather than rushing to defend their own undefendable position.

Back to the thread in question, virtually all our recruits in the last two years have come from RYR and all have been top blokes both professionally and as people. They all also seem to think all their Christmases have come early!

We have also taken a few from CTC and most have been top blokes and blokesses too. I had the pleasure of being involved in a lot of the training for both groups and one from CTC in particular blew my mind. I flew a long and difficult day with them and I had to close my mouth with my hand at the end of it, an exceptional performance for any young FO, never mind a 200 hour one just three weeks after Final Line Check.