PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - THY USA Roadshow
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2014, 12:28
GF4RCE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chocks Away:
not sure where you have that paperwork from but as soon as you start you get paid a salary without the flight wage (j class wage as you are a "student" untill you line check).. how it works is your pay in diveded in to 2 sections a basic salary that you get paid regardless of flight time and a flight wage with give you an amount upto 70hrs. beyond 70hrs you get extra loading...
but during training it is a norm to do a jump-seat ride (observation) flight on the sim which will give you your flight wage ( even 1 hrs in the sim as an observer).. this was happening last year ..not sure this year though but ill research it .. and if you have worked for Turkish airlines since you have a contract you will know this is a norm...

twentyyearstoolate, Hoover and Chocks Away:

i can understand that the pay issue is problematic especially because it is in Turkish lira and the tendency for the currency to fluctuate but this is in no way in the control of THY they haven't played around with the pay or benefits in a negative way. if you look from the first generations of expat contract and benefits to the present history will provide you with an improving picture

.. may be not to some peoples expectations but credit must be given that at least its improving...

Magh3:

Training and waiting for uniforms in most cases takes around 3 months and in some cases much longer..thats a long time without pay..

In my opinion much better contracts out there, many of us are planning our exit...there is a reason why they are recruiting in the good ol usa now...
seriously mate give me one name or someone sane enough to be employed 3 months without pay.. lets not be factual with fictitious bits of information..
as its stated you get paid during your training and if the uniforms don't come you spend more time on the ground with PAY so enjoy Istanbul while you have the time...

look guys im not management nor im a some glorified instructor or stake holder int he company every organisation has there positives and negative and i can say, as i have always said .. its not a Utopian airlines but for the aviation market the way it is and the other so called 'greener' opportunities one might think there is .. its a acceptable deal until something better come around.. i am a first gen expat on the narrow fleet.. i have accepted that i am just a " transitional" resource but at the end of the day i get paid on time every time for a duty that i have been hired to accomplish... any expectations other than that ( trying to change management company culture etc..) is just wishful thinking like within any other organisation...

if anybody wants real facts about flying here in THY as an exact i always open to Pm's

my whole aim of these threads is to inform the guys out there that might not be fortunate to have a job at the moment or the ones looking for change (probably to escape from the desert or satay fountain).. not so the thread can be hijacked with hyped up bulls#it that is 90% misinformed or scaremongering ...